Despite child mortality on the decrease due to vaccination programmes, almost 15% of all children in Africa under the age of 5 still die prematurely due to
- Hunger and Malnutrition
- Dengue Fever
All of which worsened by the lack of basic health care, access to daily food requirements and lack of knowledge on protection against deadly diseases.
Indeed access to basic medicines such as antibiotics, antiseptics, painkillers is often not available. Routine surgeries are also often not available resulting in the non-reversibility of severe disabilities often resulting in premature death.
To combat this situation, here are just some of the solutions and support African Hope e.V. provide for:
- Loading, Shipping and distributing of Truck Containers packed with Medical Equipment, Medical Instruments, Medical Supplies, Food supplements etc.
- Hospital Fixtures and Fittings for specific projects aimed at upgrading their facilities.
- Supplying Doctors and Nurses on Sabbatical to operate on a voluntary basis pro bono on site.
- Support patients and their families requiring medical assistance in Europe not yet available in Africa.
- Anti HIV/Aids prevention campaigns.
- Support in establishing Orphanages for HIV/Aids orphans.
African Hope e.V. works in close cooperation with:
The Baumann Orthopedic Clinic, Karl-Olga-Krankenhaus, Stuttgart.
Specialist in Endoprothestics.
Tübingen Trauma Centre for Intensive Care, Medical Emergencies and Pain Therapy.
Tübingen Institute for Medical Mission DIFÄM, promoting healthcare worldwide.
Berlin Organisation “Brot für die Welt”/“Bread for the World” who support Coptic Orthodox Church organisations in East African HIV/Aids awareness campaigns.